Our Pathways of Promise Memory Care Program is designed and implemented in collaboration with Lori Reynolds, Ph.D., a gerontologist in the Department of Occupational Therapy at Northern Arizona University. This innovative program was originally developed and implemented by American Care Concepts at American Orchards Senior Living in Gilbert, Arizona. It has been adapted and tailored to meet the specific nuances and environments at Countryside Living.
The Pathways of Promise Program Approach:
- Needs-centric home model that groups residents with similar types of dementia together to help them live more harmoniously while dealing with their memory loss
- Therapeutic amenities, including pet and animal therapy center, outdoor garden area and walking paths, aquariums, resident suites with an abundance of natural light, and personalized memory boxes
- Memory care specific activities and events designed to support each resident’s unique identity and engage, stimulate, and promote overall resident wellness
- Customized dining experience that ensure residents receive meals they enjoy and are healthy and diet-appropriate
- Family support programs to assist family and loved ones with understanding dementia and that challenges that often accompany the disease